2011- A year of New Beginnings
Hello, it’s Dear Husband (DH) Joe guest posting today.
It has been a while since I last posted, but thought it’s fitting that with the New Year, that I call this New Beginnings.
One thing I spend a lot of time on right now at work, is pulling out accomplishments from last year, learning from them, and then preparing goals for the next year.
Looking at accomplishments for Amy and I from last year on a personal level can be tough. We had a rough year. But, what I want to do is focus on the positive, and what went well. I don’t want to forget the struggles we’ve had, because they definitely created positives also. I know how much I can lean & rely on my my spouse during tough times, and I know she can depend on me.
So, what I wanted to do was put together our list of 2010 accomplishments. (in my opinion) Below are the top 8. I struggled to rounding the list our to 10 (feel free to add more):
- My Star wife’s ability to nail a job interview. She beat out 59 other people for her new job. Congrats Amy! (thanks to Dona for the foot in the door)
- New Job for me-Same company-New Boss-1700 miles away ….Nice
- Our boys are healthy, and great Dancers (Amy really likes thes 2nd part, and takes pride in their moves)
- Oreo-Great accomplishment for me-Still can surprise my wife, just ask her about her xmas present!
- Debt- Working on reducing, and have made great strides… Back on the list of Goals for 2011
- Couponing-If you haven’t seen extreme couponing on T.V., it’s addicting, and I’m working on 2011 for a zero register balance,after coupons.
- Date nights-Made more time for it this year then in past yrs… still need to more… added to 2011
- Family time-Hockey days, Swimming, game nights, Movie nights w/ homemade carmel popcorn= lost of fun
- Meeting Becca on skype. She’s one of Amy’s blog BFF’s and has helped us immensely this year.
So, now to look at 2011.
What do we want to focus on?
Well the #1 thing, and the ONLY thing I can concentrate on is new beginnings….Big News…Can you Guess?
#1 Baby Vasterling Due 7/26/2011… YEAH!!!!!
True Sassy Faced Luke (see shirt)
Sweet Faced Luke below
The rest of the list will come in time (like our x-mas cards). For now though, we are ecstatis of our little new beginning that will be here in just a few months. Amy’s 12 weeks today and despite still feeling sick, thrilled.
I hope you will join us in the hope for 2011, and prayers for a great year.